Thursday, March 1, 2012

Enough With the Birth Certificate

Sheriff Joe Should Leave Well Enough Alone

I can understand the consternation that some on the right maintain when it comes to the issue of THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!  I don't think it justifies the mental effort expended, but I get it.  As long as we are going to live in a country which respects the rule of law, we may as well make sure that the top of that pyramid meets the requirements for elective office.  I used to practice the majority of my criminal defense on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.  I still get back there on occasion.  In Maryland it was sometimes true that elected officials sought office to which they weren't YET entitled.

Worcester County State's Attorney

Don't worry, he met the requirements eventually, and now he is the elected State's Attorney.

Coming a bit closer to my present home, there was some worry that Mayor Rahm Emanuel wouldn't meet the residency requirements to run for mayor.  Maybe it was a political decision, and maybe it wasn't.  Either way, he's the guy in charge of keeping the streets clean now.

Emanuel Residency

This context brings us to the issue that resurfaced today.  I had thought we were done.  I thought we agreed, whether we believe the State of Hawaii, or not, we weren't going to continue with an assault on the legitimacy of Barack Obama's presidency.  I guess I was wrong.  Leave it to a County Sheriff in Arizona to re-raise the flag.  Joe Arpaio says he's investigated.  Joe says he had ex law enforcement officers help him. He says he found stuff out...and now someone else should do something about it.

Arpaio Birth Nonsense

Personally, I think his whole statement is inane.  In 6 months of work he has discerned...basically nothing.  He says he has probable cause of fraud.  He has circumstantial evidence of little.  He has expert testimony to support some of what he says, but not nearly enough to have a press conference pronouncing a "result".  At this point, I hope the argument finally dies.  The odds of that, unfortunately, seem slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment